Thursday, March 1, 2007

Terror Tour 2/14/2007

A few of the guys stayed out VERY late and didn't go to bed at all the previous night. Nick Jett was one of them, but we still let him drive. Terror really does not care about being alive. It was quite apparent that we weren't going to make it through the mountains in one piece, so Martin and I acted weird and moved into the driver and passenger seats instead of sleeping the ENTIRE ride like we normally would.

We drove through some beautiful country and had a great bonding experience together. I'll get gay; Martin is a great guy and I am glad that he and I have become such close friends. Carl was my personal anchor in 2004-2005 Terror, and Frank has always been a great friend to me and was responsible for me touring with the band in the first place. I wasn't sure how I would feel without them in the band. Martin and Buske, although totally different people, have really come in and made an impact in my life and with Terror, and I love them both.

Martin and I got to see some great scenery (really getting gay) on the drive from Portland to Northern California and we listened to Nitro, Dimmu Borgir, Vision of Disorder, Behemoth, Kamelot, and Warzone on the way. I also continued reading Harry Potter book 5, yes I know, the Gaydar just cracked.

We made it to Orangevale and had to deal with the local soundman, Claude. Although he is quite funny, he was just too much to deal with on this day. He said that the drum mic sounded like it was "stuck up an elephant's vagina," and promised to take us to "Tone Town."

It was Valentine's Day and "Ang" Buske sent us all conversation hearts. How thoughtful! I got an unexpected Valentine from someone else too, which was very nice! Alright listen, I have said that I might be bi before…this blog just cements that theory. I'm sorry. Wait, I'll redeem myself; bitches, fucking, action movies, sports, beer, and wings.

Eric Thomas was at the show. Eric is a legendary member of the Northern California hardcore scene, the frontman for Murder Machine, fill-in drummer for Vio-Lence, a former personal security guard for 3rd Eye Blind, and former Terror tour manager. Eric Thomas could have tour managed Metallica he was so thorough! He not only advanced the shows, he advanced pretzels. He once tour managed a sexual escapade in the van by doing everything short of having permission slips signed by the guilty parties.

The show was good considering it was Valentine's Day. Why that would affect a show's turnout, I will never know…Maybe I'm not totally gay. Fat Jugs Hernandez (Terror’s current tour manager) threatened to beat up All Shall Perish's fill in merch guy. Just another day at the office, I guess.

No comments: