Sunday, February 4, 2007

Terror Tour 1/24/2007

“This is for you CLEVELAND! Aghhhhhh…….” During the 4 hour drive, It started to snow. Of course it did, we were in Ohio. It was cool to be home for a few hours, although the only thing I saw was the inside of Peabodys. My mom was nice enough to come to the show. She is a huge Terror fan.

It looked like there was way more kids in the club then they claimed and of course they had 3,076 opening bands on 3 different stages. You have to love Peabody’s! Jokes aside, it really is the best place to see a midsized hardcore show in Cleveland, though. Kids went wild during the bands. It was definitely a horseshoe crowd, but that didn’t stop everyone from stagediving. How did no one break their neck?

Afterwards, Cleveland Hardcore legends, Frank 3 Gun Novinec and The Human Furnace took us to a Buffalo Wild Wings that served food until 2:30 am. If only they had hookers it would be better than Montreal! It was the first time Frank and Scott had talked since Frank quit Terror to join Hatebreed last year. I’m glad that they could put everything aside and realize why they were friends for 15 years in the first place. Frank and Furnace were in classic form all night. They were buying insane amounts of shots, beers, and anything else that will make a person drunk. Furnace put 10 bucks in the jukebox and in seconds DIO was blasting throughout the place!

Some weird girl was lurking all of us, so I went over and talked to her. She said I was adorable. I told her that she was old enough to be my mother. She followed with, “You were good looking until you opened your mouth..” I have a few ex girlfriends that would agree.

Being that I am the ultimate Ringworm fan, I picked the Furnace’s brain for a while about what we can expect from their new material. He compared it to early Kreator. Frank 3 Gun has been involved in the writing process, so I think we can all expect another classic! Ringworm can do no wrong.

Everyone got really drunk (except Nick and I, we just got fat) and then we went and crashed at a Days Inn. I was 10 minutes from my house and I never made it home.

Little Known Furnace Fact: He loves Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters

No comments: