Sunday, February 4, 2007

Terror Tour 1/18/2007

I got up at 6:30 and began going through the trailer. We sorted that all out and we started our 16 hour trek to Colorado Springs, CO for the kickoff of Terror's first ever full U.S headlining tour. It took us a whopping 35 minutes before we were all ready to get out of the van so we stopped at Dell Taco. Although, I like Taco Bell better and don't understand French fries at a fast food Mexican chain, Dell is an acceptable substitute for D grade dog meat wrapped in a deep-fried shell.

On the drive, we made fun of Misha (Nick's weird 19 year old Russian drum tech) for asking if Colorado Springs was in the state of Denver. In between the constant Misha berating, we talked about John Brown and his ghetto revival and contemplated on whether we truly felt he was the 'King of the Burbs'. G Child's dance moves obviously followed next in conversation. She really thought that is what sealed the deal? That of course led into how bummed out everyone was that New York voted off "Romance". What a CREEP!

About 8 hours in, we all started going to sleep; except Nick or we would be dead. I took a stagedive (lying on the floor of the van, between the 2 benches.) I watched a few episodes of The Office season 1 (Michael Scott is a great racist) before very uncomfortably passing out.

I woke up a few hours later and my feet felt like how Mr. Deeds' feet looked. It was not warm in there. Lying in a strange position on the floor of a van going through the mountains does weird things to your body. Both of my arms and both of my legs were asleep and I couldn't bend my neck. By the time we got to the motel, I was too shot to even go in. I just moved up to a bench and went to sleep for the night (or day.).

Yes, Nick drove the entire 16 hours, making me question what Misha is even here for.


No comments: