Sunday, February 4, 2007

Terror Tour 1/19/2007

Terror Tour 1/19/07

I woke up as an icicle in the van, and then made my way to the motel room. I stepped over 6 bodies that were sprawled across the floor and fell back asleep for a few hours. Eventually we made our way over to the club. Buske had flown in from New York so we played "catch up" with him for awhile. Lucky prick missed out on a 16 hour drive!

Upon arrival to the club, I had 17 boxes of merch to go through. First day of tour is always the best! The band actually sound checked (which never happens), and made up a new setlist.

The Warriors, All Shall Perish, War of Ages, and Stick to Your Guns all arrived. We have toured with The Warriors before so it was definitely cool to see them again. We didn't know any of the other bands, so we talked with them until doors opened.

The show was great until Terror played and they tried to enforce a no stage diving policy (that will become a trend). Eventually that got taken care of and the remainder of the show went off without a hitch.

After the freezing cold and drunken load out (myself excluded), we drove back to the motel to take showers before we drove 12 hours to Missouri. Yes, a 16 hour drive followed by a 12. Seriously, awesome! On the ride, Buske tried to convince the rest of us that Campfire was good. The dude definitely has Syracuse pride.

I asked everyone what they would do if they saw me murdered. I just wondered if they would stick to the G code, or testify to bring my killer to justice. Most people just said they would have the assailant killed. I don't really know what I would want if that actually happened. Misha said he would torture the person and cut their "Hakilles" Tendon. Yes, "Hakilles" Tendon. That was his quote of the day.

We ate very old rotisserie hot dogs at 7/11 and started driving. Nick made it about an hour before he started exclusively driving on the other side of the road. I then took over. A few hours into the drive, I looked over and Misha was profusely bleeding out of his nose. He was just sitting there and doing nothing about it. It thoroughly creeped me out! Then he takes his pillow and just starts gushing blood all over it! What an absolute fucking weirdo, and I do mean that in the best way possible.

12 hour icy drive playlist:

Jay-Z – Kingdom Come
Jay-Z – The Blueprint
All Out War – For those who were Crucified
Underdog – The Vanishing Point
Jedi Mind Tricks – Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell
Various songs from: Oasis, Justin Timberlake, Integrity, Kiss, Alice in Chains, The Clash, Metallica, Ludacris, Scarface, Bun-B, Beastie Boys, Joy Division, Etc.

No comments: