Sunday, February 4, 2007

Terror Tour 1/26/2007

We got to Poughkeepsie and loaded all our gear …wait for it….wait for it….a FLIGHT OF STAIRS! Awesome! They told us that wait for it…wait for it….that the SHOW WOULD BE SHUTDOWN IF ANYONE STAGEDOVE!

The band took off with German Hardcore legend, Patrick Kitzel, who was cool enough to come from Syracuse to hang out. He just put out the debut release by WORLD COLLAPSE. They could be the biggest band on rock radio if pushed properly. Good luck to them and good luck to Patrick in his quest to build a hardcore army to eliminate weird hair kids.

I stayed back at the club to do some work. I got done doing my stuff pretty early and walked a few blocks down the road to a real cool shoe spot. I had gone there before on the Hatebreed / Killswitch Engage tour in December. I ended up getting the new Jordan V retro release. If I would have known what was going to happen later, I might not have dropped $140 on a pair of shoes that I already own in a multitude of other colorways.

The Warriors couldn’t make the show because they “couldn’t get up a hill.” Are you serious? That was the best they could come up with? Their absence did not stop the show from being AWESOME! This was easily the best show I have ever seen in Poughkeepsie!

During load out, I lost my cell phone. Now, I lose my cell phone everyday, but this time, I REALLY LOST IT. Not like how Buske loses things, freaks out, and then finds them 10 minutes later, like I actually lost it.

At 4 a.m. The Poughkipsee Police Department called Nick (who was the last person who called me) and told him that someone turned my phone in. I called the Police in the morning to ask when I could come and pick it up, here is what I got, “Pick it up? You can’t pick it up until Monday! It’s in evidence!”

Evidence? What? Did my phone assault someone? Poughkeepsie is weird. If it didn’t birth All Out War, I would write it off completely. So, I don’t have a cellphone anymore. Now, I really have an excuse for not answering. To anyone I normally sex message with, just be patient.

No comments: